Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Christmas presents


Steve and I finally decided the Christmas present for our far away beloved child Anibal Damian: finger puppets with sound (animal impressions). We also finally wrote our letters to him and his natural mum. I did not dare to write it in Spanish to avoid misunderstandings, but I tried to translate it in my Spanish corner.

Since we missed his birthday because of the long mail system (and not because we are bad sponsoring parents ;o P), we are going to send him another present soon.

I also did some more shopping on the catalogue and bought the Women of Africa and the Women of Latin America CD plus the children's world greetings cards. I like this way of shopping
because a percentage of the profit goes towards the various PLAN UK projects.

I have also started some Christmas shopping for friends and family. For example, I ordered the CD of Mondovino for my nonnetto (grandpa) who used to be a wine producer himself. I am sure he will appreciate it, even though the theme about the globalisation of taste is not very promising. Steve and I watched this film at the London Film Festival 2004 and deeply enjoyed it because the director and the main character were present at the screening, and a nice discussion followed the viewing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home